Thursday, September 12, 2013

Design Q & A with Charles Eames - Reaction


      Eames' view that design is a solution to a problem is a view on design that I have not heard before but strongly agree with. I also liked his explanation of design by saying it creates useful objects and that it dresses itself to the need of consumers because I had also not of design in this way and it makes me think of design more purposefully. His claim that computers can rarely substitute and merely aid designers also validated my love of design. Although I disagree with his claim that most design is ephemeral because there are many posters and graphic elements that stay timeless and come back in style as new styles like "vintage" and "retro." As a side note: I found the single french accent very distracting to the purpose of the video.


No comments:

Post a Comment