Tuesday, April 21, 2015

P2 Design Intent


For this project I intend to design a spatial experience for Bebop Jazz and the life of Charlie Parker. Bebop Jazz is fast paced, improvisational, and engaging. I would like my space to reflect these words and feelings, the ups and downs of Charlie Parker’s life, and the jumping, improvisational patterns of Bebop Jazz.

I would like to use either words or patterns to imitate the ups and downs of Charlie’s life as well as the highs and lows in the music, specifically Charlie Parker’s song Bird of Paradise. I will use either panes of layered glass with icons, symbols, indexes, or type on them or a varied walking plane to accomplish this.

My visitors should walk away feeling like they have experienced a physical and mental journey through the ups and downs of music and a man’s life. I would also like them to walk a way with a feeling of discovery and adventure after traveling through the space. 

These are schematic drawings of ideas for the previously stated design theme:




These are options for title lockups:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment