Thursday, April 10, 2014

Spencer Art Museum Reflection



   The trip to the Spencer Art Museum of art presented many different ways of arranging photographs. My favorite arrangement and concept was the old drive in movie theaters arranged in a grid format. I like that this piece showed the decay of certain technologies in society and that nothing is completely permanent. I was on the fence about the grid format and this piece pushed me over the edge and helped me decide that I wanted to do a grid format. The cleanness of the movie screens created a frame within a frame. It also helped me strive to find a deeper meaning in my own project because it showed me that a piece that is interesting is a piece that tells a story through its subject matter and composition.

No comments:

Post a Comment